To pray is to make our hearts ready to experience the love of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. Praying regularly will help us to develop a spiritual rhythm. A discipline of prayer changes the way that we think about our lives, because it creates new habits of heart and mind. Prayer opens us more deeply to the transforming grace of God. We enter into God’s presence, allowing the Holy Spirit to pray in us.
“Prayer is spiritual communication between man and God, a two-way relationship in which man should not only talk to God but also listen to Him. Prayer to God is like a child’s conversation with his father. It is natural for a child to ask his father for the things he needs.” https://billygraham.org.uk/answer/what-is-prayer/
The ACTS method of Christian prayer goes like this:
- Adoration:Give God praise and honour for who he is as Lord over all.
- Confession:Honestly deal with the sin in your life.
- Thanksgiving:Verbalize what you’re grateful for in your life and in the world around you.
- Supplication:Pray for the needs of others and yourself.
This, then, is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’
Please pray for one another – day by day!
|Monday||· All those returning to work after the weekend.
· Church members – surnames A-D
|Tuesday||· The home groups that meet this week – for hospitality, bible study and care for one another.
· Church members – surnames E-K
|Wednesday||· The staff team as they meet, plan and lead – for wisdom and strength. For the Vestry as they lead.
· Church members – surnames L-R
|Thursday||· Mainly music – that families and children may learn about Jesus
· Church members – surnames S-V
|Friday||· Youth – that they would grow in knowledge, love and wisdom of God
· Church members – surnames W-Z
|Saturday||· For our community that they would hear the good news of Christianity
· For the sick and ill that God would renew them in body, mind and spirit
|Sunday||· For those who worship with us at Church- that God would bless and speak to them.
· That we would be able to rest and relax.